Perfect visibility into the financial health and accounting processes of an investment is often not a reality. At times, management team perceptions of the business and actual financial information provided by management do not align. Alternatively, you may require some peace of mind that an investment thesis is playing out as envisioned or need justification to support an additional investment. These projects take many forms, but we tailor our approach specific to each circumstance, ensuring your questions are answered, resulting in an informed decision.
Some examples of forensic and investigative diligence projects include:
- Suspicion of management financial misrepresentation or fraud
- Periodic quality of earnings analysis
- Minority interest owner or investor access to financial information to support additional investment
- Lender access to financial information as a result of a covenant default, liquidity concern or additional capital requirement
- Limited partner or family office investigations into fund or investment performance